2016 was a big year for my blog. I finally switched over to self-hosted word press and started utilizing Pinterest. (thank you, Tailwind) My goal when I started Working Mom Magic was simple. I wanted to prove that you can still be a working mom while doing awesome stuff with your kids. Many of the working mom blogs I had been reading were all work, and very little play. The focus was on career and financial advice, which is great… but I wanted to show that there is so much more to us as moms, too.
Since I DO work full-time, everything I write about has to be simple. I love sharing uncomplicated crafts, easy recipes, simple health tips, and time-saving hacks to help you be the best mom, wife, and employee. I really worked to narrow my focus this year and my top posts are a pretty good reflection of what I am all about.
Working Mom Magic’s Top 10 Posts of 2016
10. How to Create a Vision Board that Works: I LOVE a good vision board, so it makes me happy that so many of you enjoyed this post. I just wrote a step-by-step version of how to create a vision board last week, since I felt that this post wasn’t as focused.
9. Best Concealers for Dark Circles: I have always been pretty open about my dark circles, and what busy mom doesn’t struggle with lack of sleep? I am not a makeup blogger, but I have found that when I honestly share things I love, the posts resonate well.
8. Working Mom Tips to Keep Your House Clean: I think all families are looking for ways to manage house cleaning.
7. 5 Ways to Live a More Positive Life: I LOVE writing posts like this, since I know many moms are stressed out and juggling a lot. I think a positive mindset makes a huge difference on your entire outlook, and I could write about this everyday. You can expect more posts like this from me in 2017.
6. 4 ways to Distract Your Kids While You Clean: This was an older post, but I re-made the pin earlier in the year and it really took off.
5. DIY Watercolor Mug: I made this last December and it was one of my most favorite crafts ever. It was shared on a number of crafty blogs throughout the year and had a good Facebook share count.
4. How to Pack a Healthy, Filling Salad: Someone shared this on Facebook and it got HUGE numbers. I could never track back WHO actually shared it, which drove me CRAZY. I love a delicious salad so I am happy this post did well.
3. Stitch Fix Review (May): My Stitch Fix posts did pretty well overall, but this was share on Stitch Fix’s actual blog page, which is the reason for the big views. I got rid of Stitch Fix since I was spending too much money on clothes I wasn’t really sure I needed. But it was really fun and I may start it back up again in the future.
2. How to Be a Happy Mom When You Are Stressed Out: Another one of my favorites. I had SO many women email me to thank me for writing this post, which is the ultimate compliment to me. This was well-shared on Facebook and Pinterest.
1. Homemade Uncrustables: Holy Pinterest pageviews. This post is well over 2 years old, but when I revamped the pins it took off. About halfway through the year, I realized the post was SO old that the links in it were NOT affiliate links (ugh) so I updated those and FINALLY realized why people rave about affiliate income. I made hundreds of dollars this year from a post that linked to a sandwich sealer. (Which I still have, and love)
There you go, my top 10 of 2016. Was your favorite post in there? I am happy with how my year turned out, blogging-wise. I plan to really re-focus on writing posts true to my original intention for this blog. Helping moms find shortcuts and hacks to help them do-it-all without feeling overwhelmed. So if that’s your jam, then I’ll be seeing YOU next year! 😉