I can’t believe it is already time to welcome in a new year! My blog grew a lot in 2015 and I think Working Mom Magic is ready for a makeover. I am currently working with a fantastic web designer to get this ball rolling. My goal is to streamline the site to make it more enjoyable for YOU! After almost 2 years, blogger has been very good to me… but I am dealing with some serious growing pains here and I think I need to finally make the switch over to self-hosted. So stay tuned!!
Last year, I ended the year sharing my 5 most popular posts from the year, so I thought it would be a great way to end 2015 as well. So here are my top 5 posts… based on pageviews.
5. 5 Small Healthy Changes That Make a Big Difference: I really loved this post, since I did think these changes made a big difference for me. I still only drink one cup of coffee a day… occasionally I’ll have a second cup later in the afternoon. I know plenty of moms who drink A LOT of coffee and I was one of them. I still can’t believe how much I used to drink, and how much better I feel now that I only drink one cup. A stomach flu is what finally helped me break my caffeine habit, but trust me when I tell you that you DO NOT need all that coffee. Cut back and see how much better you feel. For real.
4. How to get eBooks for Free: I wrote this post when I first started my blog and decided to rework it this year when they updated the library website. This is how I get ALL my e-books and I still think it is the most amazing thing ever. If you are joining my 2016 Reading Challenge, then you need to get on this.
3. DIY Tassel Bracelets: This post got picked up by a few websites and did really well. I think the simplicity of it, along with the clean, bright pictures is what helped this cute craft pick up so much steam.
2. 6 Things I Learned in my First Year of Blogging: I have no idea what made this post so popular, but it was. My lessons seemed to really resonate with a lot of other bloggers, which made me super happy. (a few months later I decided to do a similar post: My Advice for New Bloggers)
1. 5 Things Teachers Wish Parents Knew: This was BY FAR my most popular post of the year. It went viral after a BIG Facebook page posted it… and it was shared thousands of times. It was picked up again a few months later by a different big Facebook page, which made it go semi-viral for a second time. I actually worked on this article for a long time, and was even hesitant to post it. At the time, I was having issues with my son in school and had countless meetings with teachers, specialists, guidance counselors and principals. I always left those meetings feeling like they were holding back. I thought they knew what they REALLY wanted to say to me, but couldn’t, since we live in a super PC world right now. I emailed all my friends who were teachers and asked them what they wished they could tell parents, if they wouldn’t get in trouble for it. I also asked them to forward it to any teacher friends that would be interested. I was shocked by how many teachers wrote me back. Teachers I had never even met wrote me long, detailed emails about their students… their stories… and what they wished they could change. The craziest part is that most of them said the exact same things. It not only changed the way I communicate with my children’s teachers… it changed the way I parent.
That’s a wrap for 2015! I also would like to say THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my blog, chatting it up with me on social media and for just overall being amazing! I seriously love you guys and I can’t wait to see what 2016 brings!
(also if you could click on this little badge right here.. I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!)
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49936077-1’, ‘workingmommagic.com’);