This post is sponsored by Florida Prepaid through Bloggin’ Mamas. Opinions are 100% my own.
2017 is coming to an end and it is time to think about those New Year resolutions. Do you want to lose weight, read more or work on your on your budgeting skills? You are not alone. What about saving for your children’s college fund? If you would have kicked off 2017 with a prepaid college plan, you would have a nice chunk already paid off. The sooner you get started the better, so what are you waiting for?
The Florida Prepaid Program has a number of different options, but I want to focus on its newest one: The 1-Year Florida University Plan
The 1-Year Florida University Plan lets you buy one year at a time. This means, you can have smaller payments, while still working toward a concrete goal of paying for your kid’s college. This plan also gives family members a chance to contribute. Grandma and Grandpa can give the gift of a year of college… how awesome is that?
Here’s a few more stats about the 1-Year Prepaid Plan:
- The most affordable Prepaid Plan to fit your budget. The 1-Year Florida University Plan can be purchased in incremental years and allows for multiple plan purchasers.
- Plans start at under $50 a month
- If the child receives a scholarship, such as Bright Futures, the amount covered by the 1-Year Florida University Plan, not just what you paid in, can be refunded or used to pay for tuition and fees not covered by the scholarship.
- If the child moves out of Florida, the child remains eligible for in-state tuition and fees at a Florida College or State University while using his/her 1-Year Florida University Plan.
- The child has 10 years from the projected enrollment year selected on the application to use his/her 1-Year Florida University Plan.
As always, the amount covered by your plan can also be applied to other schools nationwide, your child does NOT have to go to a Florida school. Want to figure out how much it will cost you to pay for a year of college? Click here and at the bottom of the page there is a college plan calculator. Also, if you use the code Magic1718 you will receive 50 percent off your application fee – a savings of $25. Don’t let another year pass you by without making a dent in that college fund!