I have a confession. I am addicted to InstaStories. I never got into SnapChat since it was hard for me to find people to follow, but I am obsessed with IG stories. I have noticeably been slacking on posting pictures on my IG feed, since I just share to stories most of the time and then forget about it! My favorite part of stories is watching them. I follow a number of healthy, clean eating IGers and I am a screengrab-aholic when it comes to all the healthy recipes they share.
Another hot item I have been seeing a lot of on stories is frosty, healthy smoothies. How do they always make them look so darn delicious and colorful? And do people really drink out of mason jars? Anyway, it inspired me to share my current smoothie of choice which I have been loving for breakfast. I dubbed it my Morning Power Smoothie, since it keeps you full until lunch and is jam-packed with healthy ingredients. (*this post contains affiliate links)
Morning Power Smoothie:
- Almond or Coconut Milk (I use Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk, SO good and no sugar or added crap!)
- Big handful of Spinach or other fresh greens
- 1/2 cup frozen Cauliflower (I use the frozen cauliflower rice from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Scoop of Collagen Protein
- 1 teaspoon of MCT Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Cordyceps Mushroom Powder (I use Root & Bones)
- 1 teaspoon of Hemp Seeds
- Sprinkle of bee pollen
This smoothie is full of healthy fats, omega-3’s, adaptogens and tons of vitamins. While it tends to turn out a gray sludge color I promise that does not affect the taste! This will give you immediate energy and many of the ingredients are good for your skin as well! If you love making smoothies, be sure to check out my favorite smoothie prep tip!