If you are around my age, you probably had a Nokia cell phone at some point. Well now Nokia has a new line of smart health products that makes it easy to keep track of all your healthy goals and milestones! Their new Nokia Body+ scale does so much more than simply tell you how much you weigh. I have never been overly concerned with the number on a scale when it comes to my health. It is important to me to eat well so I can feel good and live a long and healthy life. Which is why I love this scale.
The Body+ scale goes beyond weight. When you step on the scale, you quickly get up to 6 measurements:
- Weight- accurate to .2 pounds
- Fat Mass- knowing your body fat is so much more important than weight, in my opinion. You can be “skinny” but have a high body fat, which is not healthy in the long run.
- Muscle Mass- This shows you if you are putting on more muscle, which is a good thing since muscle burns fat. (it also weighs more than fat, which is why you shouldn’t rely too heavily on basic weight numbers)
- Water- Shows you how hydrated you are
- Bone Mass- to get the full picture
- Steps (if you use a Nokia activity tracker or the app’s built-in tracker)
- Weather- since most people weigh themselves in the morning, this is so helpful to see before getting ready. (I actually really like this feature)
The scale syncs with the free HealthMate app, so you can easily track your progress. The scale also can monitor up to 8 people and you can track them all on the app. I love how it helps me keep track of my kids growth. It also has a pregnancy tracker program for expectant mothers that offers advice and tips throughout your pregnancy. There is also an 8 week Better Body program that gives you a target body fat goal while teaching you healthy habits. I just started this and so far it has been really motivating!
I love everything about this scale, since it gives me stats that I can really use! Your health is so much more than simply what you weigh, and with the Nokia Body+ scale I get the full picture.