This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bloggin’ Mamas & the Florida Prepaid College Board. All opinions expressed are my own.
It is never too early to start saving for your kids college fund. Right now, it is open enrollment time for the Florida Prepaid college program, the ONLY time each year that families can purchase a plan. I have talked about my love for Florida Prepaid before. My parents got me one, and I left FSU without a single penny in student loan debt. Unfortunately, I have seen the other side, since my husband has a TON of debt from his time at school. Not only did he use student loans to help him get a 4-year degree, he also got his Masters. Needless to say, it was very expensive!
It was no surprise my husband was the first one to bring up Florida Prepaid when we had our son. We would love to give our children the opportunity to graduate college debt-free. Right now, Florida Prepaid has 5 different options, and a dorm option… and there is a plan to fit any budget.
Here is a breakdown of all the plans:
1-Year Florida University Plan:
- You can purchase one year, or 30 credit hours, at a time according to your budget and timeline, without feeling the pressure of having to buy all four years at once
- The plan also allows multiple purchasers to buy a plan for the same child.
2-Year Florida College Plan:
- Set your child up with a practical, affordable path to entering his/her chosen career with an associate’s degree or trade certification
- Give your child the advantage over those with only a high school diploma
4-Year Florida College Plan:
- There are 28 Florida colleges and they’ve expanded their capabilities far beyond the two-year programs. In fact, most now offer four-year bachelor’s degree programs in growth industries like nursing and teaching, and continue to grow their degree programs year after year.
- And since they’re typically less expensive than a university education, the 4-Year Florida College Plan provides a practical, affordable path to a bachelor’s degree
2+2 Florida College Plan
- Your child can receive a degree from one of Florida’s prestigious state universities for less than a typical four-year university degree
- By starting your child off at one of the state’s 28 Florida colleges, you’ll save money on lower-level courses before transferring to a State University to finish off their degree
- Students with this plan are guaranteed admission to a state university once they’ve earned their associate’s degree at a Florida college
4-Year Florida University Plan
- This Plan will start your child off at one of Florida’s 12 prestigious state universities and see them through their four-year journey.
- If your child decides to start at a college (which are typically less expensive), the unused funds from this Plan can be applied to a post-secondary degree or you can get the remaining money back
There is a plan to fit every budget, and the money saved can be applied at any university or college nationwide. (If your child decides to go to an out-of-state school) Check out the Florida Prepaid website for more information. Open enrollment just kicked off and if you have questions, we are having a fun twitter chat to help you get the information you need! (and there is also some fun prizes up for grabs!)
Scholarship Contest is Still Going!
Register from now until October 29 for a chance to win ONE of TEN 2-Year Florida College Plan scholarships from the Florida Prepaid College Foundation! Use code BLOG1718 in the scholarship entry form for an extra 10 entries. CLICK HERE TO ENTER
#StartingIsBelieving Twitter Chat
Join Bloggin Mamas & Florida Prepaid as we host the #StartingIsBelieving Twitter Chat on Thursday, 10/26/17 at 9p EST! Join us as we discuss saving for your child’s future using Florida Prepaid College Savings Plans, as well as the open enrollment period taking place right now. (Plus, there will be some prizes too!)
Date: Thursday, October 26th, 2017
Time: 9:00–10:00pm EST / 6:00–7:00pm PST
Sponsored By: @FloridaPrepaid
Presented by: @BlogginMamas
- We will be focusing on the importance of savings for college. Florida Prepaid Open Enrollment is now open and ends on 2/28/18.
- There are different options in higher education – colleges, universities, technical degrees and Florida Prepaid has 5 different plan options to cover any route. We will share them with you during the chat.
During the Twitter Chat there will be a chance to win one of the following prizes by answering various questions. Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
5- Florida Prepaid Prize Packs, including items like Slingpack or Backpack, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and pencil pouches. ARV $150
1– Florida Prepaid Prize Packs, including items like Slingpack or Backpack, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and pencil pouches. ARV $150
— Bloggin’ Mamas (@blogginmamas) October 20, 2017
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By RSVP’ing to this event and utilizing the #StartingIsBelieving hashtag, the attendees acknowledge having read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Twitter Party Prize Giveaway begins October 26th, 2017 at 9:00 pm ET and ends no later than October 26, 2017 at 10:30pm ET (the “Twitter Party Entry Period”). Entrants enter via following @FloridaPrepaid and @BlogginMamas, and posting a tweet with the #StartingIsBelieving hashtag during the Twitter Party Entry Period. Five (5) Winners will be drawn randomly by random.org at approximately 12 minute intervals during the Twitter Party Entry Period. One (1) Winner will be drawn randomly via random.org from the event RSVP’s on the Mr. Linky widget.
One (1) Florida Prepaid Prize Packs including items like a Slingpack or Backpack, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and pencil pouches. ARV $150. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $150, for each of five (5) winners.
One (1) Florida Prepaid Prize Packs including items like a Slingpack or Backpack, water bottles, Frisbee, wristbands, and pencil pouches. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $150, awarded to one (1) winner who RSVP’s via the Mr. Linky widget.
Each winner receives one (1) prize pack. Entrants who fail to complete said actions will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from all entrants who entered during the Twitter Party Entry Period. Winners will be notified via DM (Direct Message) on Twitter with a request for an email address to send prize claim information. Winners will have 48 hours to complete the prize claim form or an alternate winner will be selected from amongst all entries received during the Twitter Party Entry Period. All prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by October 30th, 2017 at 11:59AM EST.
Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Bloggin’ Mamas, Heather Lopez Enterprises, LLC, Florida Prepaid, Moore Communications, Twitter, and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this giveaway, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in this giveaway, acceptance or use or misuse of prize. Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in this giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, damage, or loss.
The Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the giveaway.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED“AS IS” WITHOUT
WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL
SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Disclosure: Bloggin’ Mamas is being compensated for managing this Twitter Party. Individual co-hosts are being compensated for their participation. All prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor.