Thanks to Dynacraft for sponsoring this post, opinions are 100% my own!
The summer is here and my favorite way to enjoy these warmer months with my family is to head outdoors. We are lucky living in South Florida to have beautiful weather year-round, but when you take homework stress out of the equation it makes a huge difference! One of our favorite outdoor activities is a family bike ride. It is a great way to enjoy time together and get a little exercise in the process.
If you want to take your bike ride to the next level, here are some ideas that provide even more fun on wheels!
- Play “I Spy.” We love playing “I Spy” in the car. This game is not reserved just for road trips in our family, we play it on a regular basis. It is fun to play while biking since it gives us more time to find the object. (you have to think fast in a moving car)
- Animal Scavenger Hunt: Bluebirds, squirrels and turtles can usually be seen on our bike rides, so why not turn spotting them into a game? It is a great way to realize all the beautiful wildlife around us, something we may normally take for granted.
- Car Wash: There are few things my kids find more exciting than getting soaked when they are wearing regular clothes. It must be the taboo aspect of it all, because when I turn the cul-de-sac into a bike wash.. suddenly kids from far and wide show up ready to get wet.
- Run Errands: If you live close to a store or ice cream place, why not bike there? It makes a quick trip feel like an adventure. We live near a few strip mall areas and the kids love when we ride bikes to get pizza and ice cream for dinner. A bike ride can turn something simple into a special event.
- Obstacle Course: For this one, you need an open area free from any cars. Set up some cones or buckets, use sidewalk chalk and create a fun course! Have each family member take turns and use a timer to see who is the fastest biker in the fam!
Speaking of bikes, I am so excited to announce I am a Dynacraft ambassador! We love spending time outside and Dynacraft provides some serious fun on wheels for our family. Dynacraft was founded in 1984 and is the largest privately held distributor of bicycles, scooters and battery-powered ride-on’s in the United States.
My son is obsessed with the color green and all things camo, so when Dynacraft sent him this awesome Tony Hawk bike he was thrilled. He has been begging for a trick bike with a 360-degree rotating handlebar and this bike fits the bill. It also has mag wheels with peg sets in the front and the back. He has been riding this all through the neighborhood in addition to our family bike rides. He loves the way the bike looks and the smooth ride and I love how sturdy it is!
Dynacraft bikes are sold at most stores and online retailers including Walmart, Toys “R” Us and Target. I can’t wait to share more outdoor fun with Dynacraft, so look for those posts in the coming months! In the meantime, be sure to check out Dynacraft on Facebook!