This post was brought to you by Honey Bunches of Oats. Opinions are 100% my own.
Spring is right around the corner and that means lots of time playing outside. We live in a neighborhood full of kids, so each day is packed with Nerf battles, fort building, bike riding and whatever else they come up with. It also means LOTS of children running in and out of my house. All that playing can be exhausting, so I like to have little snacks and treats for them to enjoy! These chocolate cereal clusters are so good and take about 10 minutes to make. If I have any leftover, I stick them in my kids lunch or snack for school. (they travel well and don’t need to be refrigerated)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix the corn syrup and sugar in a sauce pan over medium/high heat. Continue to stir & wait for it to bubble.
- Mix in the peanut butter and take off the heat.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and mix in the peanut butter mixture.
- Using two spoons, scoop up some of the mixture and use the other spoon to slide it off and onto the wax paper. (these suckers are sticky, so the double spoon trick helps a lot!)
You need to work kind of fast, since the sugar mixture starts to harden as it cools. You can really fancy these up with some sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, chopped nuts… the possibilities are endless!