If you saw my first Stitch Fix post, you know I was hesitant to even try it. I really liked my first delivery, but I wasn’t crazy about it last month. They emailed me with some tips to help me get a better fix and it definitely worked.
Here are a 5 tips to get a perfect stitch fix delivery:
1. Take time with your style profile: Your style profile is what your stylist goes back to the most, so make sure it is as accurate as possible. If you really don’t want accessories or shoes, say that. Also, don’t fudge the truth when it comes to your clothing sizes. I know lots of friends who admitted to me that their 1st fix didn’t fit since they put a smaller pants or dress size then they really were.
2. Leave detailed notes: Your stylist wants to make you happy, so tell them what you want. For example, if you have an event coming up be sure to tell them the specific items you are looking for. In March, I am hosting a baby shower and we also host Easter, so I asked my stylist for ALL dresses in the next fix.
3. Link up a Pinterest board: I finally updated my “Mommy Fashion” board and I think that made a huge difference for me this fix. (my stylist specifically referenced items on there in her note to me) Explaining what you like is important, however it is much easier to get a ‘feel’ of your style by seeing what you pin to your fashion boards.
4. Be honest: If you want Stitch Fix to work, you need to be brutally honest. When keeping or sending back items, in addition to the questions they ask, there is also a spot for notes. Be very specific in telling your stylist why you didn’t like an item. Was it the fit? The color? The clearer you are, the better your next fix will be!
5. Don’t be afraid to pick favorites: If you find a stylist you love, tell them! I loved this month’s fix so much I asked for her to style me again. Not everyone has the same style and there is nothing wrong with preferring a certain stylist.
Now to the best part… my latest fix! I was obsessed with what they sent me this month. I knew right away when I saw the 2 tops that I would love them. They are total ‘Me’ shirts and they both fit perfectly.
|Trying on my looks (with some help)|
I wasn’t too sure about the pants, and I would have never selected them if I saw them in a store… however the fit is amazing. They are so comfy and work well for the office and the weekend. I know I will get a ton of use out of them. Also, I did look up the brand and found the exact same pants for $10 MORE on Nordstrom.com. (I am always on the hunt for the best prices)
I also got a necklace in this month’s fix, which I love. But thanks to Rocksbox I have a ton of accessories, so I decided to take accessories off of my style profile.
|All the items in my fix!|
They sent me a dress and I could have sworn it was the same one they sent me in my 1st fix. When I tried it on, I spotted a tiny tear near the arm/shoulder area. I emailed customer service about the hole and the fact that I was disappointed that it was the same dress I had previously sent back. (since I wanted to buy all the items to get the extra 25% off) They wrote me back the very next day (on a SUNDAY!) saying they were sorry about the rip and they checked and the dresses were not the same, but he admitted they were very similar. He told me to send the dress back and they would give me the 25% off if I wanted to keep the other 4 items. (which I did)
The kind and quick way they handled my email is what turned me into a real Stitch Fix fan. When you have good customer service you have my heart… for real. I may have started as a skeptic, but now I am a totally Stitch Fix fan girl. Here’s how I styled my looks from this month’s fix. If you want to give Stitch Fix a try here’s my referral link & also you should check them out on Facebook & Instagram.
|How I wore the pants, with a top from last month’s fix.|
|I paired the lace top with skinny jeans and flats|
|Lace up flats & cropped capri’s with the polka dot top (& I am now obsessed with Snapchat!)|