1. St. Ives Apricot scrub: This is an oldie but a goodie, especially in the warmer months. I don’t use Retin-A during the summer, but I do continue exfoliating. It is so hot here, and all the sunscreen, sand and sweat leaves my skin really dull. I have been using this scrub since high school and I still think it is the best.
2. E.L.F. Shimmer Palette: This little shimmer palette is amazing! (and it was only 3 bucks!!) They are cream highlighters and I mostly use them to highlight my cheekbones and dab a bit in the corner of my eyes to help brighten me up when I am really tired. (which is ALL the time!)
3. Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy: So I got this in a sample size with a Sephora order and I am obsessed. It feels like a lip balm, but with full color payout. This is supposed to be the ‘sheer’ version of the lipstick… so I can only imagine how bright the regular one is! This fushia is not for the timid, but it is so flattering and I feel like it just wakes up my face. (again.. the tired thing)
|Pink lipstick LOVE!|
4. Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum: My hairdresser told me I need to start using an argan oil on my hair, and I basically do whatever she tells me, so I bought this one. It smells awesome and it really does make my hair look more smooth and shiny. We swim so much over the summer I try to take extra care of my hair, since it gets damaged easily.
5. Hard Candy Glow All The Way: I got this at Walmart for 8 bucks and it is my new favorite bronzer. I try not to get too much sun, but pasty legs and shorts just don’t work for me. Just a dollop of this cream mixed with my regular lotion and I instantly have the illusion of a golden tan. Just be sure to let it dry and you are good to go.
6. E.L.F Lip Exfoliator: This stuff is perfect for making sure my lips are super smooth all summer long. (which is good since I am wearing hot pink lipstick every day!) You just rub the ‘lipstick’ over your lips in a circular motion, then wipe off anything left behind. It takes 30 seconds, and there is no mess. Love.
7. Garnier BB Cream Daily Shine Control: This BB cream rocks. It controls shine all day and has an SPF 20. It is really lightweight but offers some pretty good coverage. I have been using this instead of my usual foundation to wear every day. I originally bought the light/medium but it was REALLY light. So I bought the medium/deep and it’s perfect.
None of this stuff is sponsored, they are just products I really like it. A LOT. Speaking of things I really like, how about some #OperationSummerFun love??? This weekend we celebrated Father’s Day early at my in-laws house and had a blast. Family, food and cards (I won 7 bucks! Woohoo!) made for the perfect Saturday. (BTW… my father-in-law LOVED the playing cards we gave him & he does NOT read my blog as much as he says he does! ha!)
|How cute are these two little guys? If you haven’t check out the blog, 53 Weeks… you need to! Right now! I’ll wait for you right here.. 😉|
|You know I LOVE reading, so this post from Beauty in this Chaos makes me so happy! The library is a fantastic summer activity!|
|How awesome is this backyard set up? My kids would love this! I also love Tarynn over at Mama by Fire, her blog rocks!|
|I am a huge water park fan, so this post by Mommy in Sports made me want to pack up and meet her there! (& steal her adorable hat) Her daughters are the cutest and I am obsessed with her blog!|
If you want to join in on the fun, just hashtag your favorite summer Instagram pics with #OperationSummerFun! I will do the rest!