When I had my first child, my mom gave me a super fancy DSLR camera. I was so excited to have it, since I wanted to capture every single precious moment with my sweet, little man. Fast-forward 6 years later… and we rarely take it out of its camera bag. I would rather use my cell phone over that fancy camera ANY day.
Here are 6 reasons why I prefer my Samsung Galaxy Avant over my DSLR:
1. My phone is always with me: You never know when a picture perfect moment will strike, and there is no way I am bringing that heavy DSLR with me everywhere just in case. But I ALWAYS have my phone with me! Not only does my Galaxy Avant have a 5MP camera, it also has a bunch of different modes (auto-focus, panorama, night mode and more) that help me get the perfect shot. (and it takes videos!) I never miss a chance to get a cute pic of the kids, since I never leave the house without my phone.
|How cute are they??|
2. I can edit the pictures instantly: There are so many awesome photo editing apps in the Google Play store… and a lot of them are free! A few of my favorite are VSCO Cam, Pixlr and Snapseed.
3. It is easier to share pictures with friends and family: I love that my Samsung makes it so easy to share pictures. The share features are built right into the phone. I can upload my pictures directly to my dropbox account or send an email. I also like uploading my pictures with photo sharing apps, like Snapfish. With my digital camera I would have to upload them to my computer, then edit on using a desktop editor, create folders and rename .jpg’s… ugh.
|You KNOW Grandma had me email her this one!|
4. Social Media: Helloooooo! If you know anything about me, you know I am social media obsessed… especially when it comes to Instagram! I can instantly upload to Instagram with my Galaxy Avant, either using the direct share option or through he app. Can’t do that with my DSLR.
|She is saying, “NOOOO… not ANOTHER Instagram selfie!”|
5. I can instantly create a slideshow: Since I also have a Samsung TV, I can instantly stream my photos though my television… and it’s completely wireless. For Mother’s Day we had some family over for brunch and I took lots of awesome pictures. Near the end of the day, when everyone was relaxing, we popped the pics up on our TV, so they could see how they all turned out. (and tell me their favorites to send to them!)
6. It’s cheaper: My digital camera was not only super expensive, but every single additional lens and accessory was also pricey. I recently switched over to the Walmart Family Mobile plan, and it is the best deal out there. For only $29.88 a month (for the first line) I get the Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 1G of 4G LTE data. And get this… NO contracts! It was so easy, I ordered my phone on Walmart.com and it was shipped to the store the very next day! I picked it up and walked back to the cell phone area, (where all the TV’s & electronics are) and I was in and out in less than 20 minutes! It was INSANE how quick the process was. I just bought a SIM card for $25, they hooked up my phone, and I was out the door without paying a single service charge or activation fee. With the 4G LTE service, I know I won’t miss a moment of summer fun, since the coverage is awesome!
|Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/8e03 or your local Walmart for current pricing.|
|Another picture perfect moment captured with my phone|
People are always shocked when I tell them I use my cell phone for all the pictures you see on this blog, but can you really blame me? What are some of your favorite photo editing apps? (I am always looking for new ones!)
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49936077-1’, ‘auto’);