National Compliment Day was invented in 1998 by Kathy Chamberlin and Debby Hoffman. The pair also wrote a book titled, Find Something Nice to Say.
Compliments just make you feel good. One study found people even worked better after they were complimented. The most important thing with a compliment is it has to be GENUINE. People can see right through a forced one.
To celebrate National Compliment day all you have to do is compliment 5 different people. Easy. When was the last time you gave your husband a compliment? Your best friend? Your parents? Your kids?
Here are 7 fun ways you can celebrate National Compliment Day:
- Give a compliment to each member of your family throughout the day
- Text or call your close friends and give them a few reasons why they are awesome
- Have your kids write a nice note to their teacher
- Give a few co-workers compliments
- Hide a note in your husbands car with a compliment on it
- Compliment a friend by leaving a nice comment on their latest social media picture
- Tell a mom she is a doing a great job… especially if it looks like she hasn’t slept or washed her hair in awhile! 😉
So have fun & give out LOTS of compliments… and before you know it WORLD compliment day will be here. Here’s an even BETTER idea… let’s pretend everyday is compliment day! I know my beautiful, smart, witty, amazing readers will agree, it’s an easy way to brighten up someone’s day! 😉