I love being a mom. I love it more than I ever thought I would. But sometimes, I have selfish mom moments. Today I am home with two sick babies. And while I am thankful that I can be home to take care of them… this is not how my Friday was supposed to go.
I am filling in at work this weekend, so I already had today off. And I had plans. Big plans. Just for me. I decided I was going to have the sitter come even though I didn’t have work and I was going to take the whole glorious day for myself. Something I rarely do.
Here’s how my day was supposed to go:
- Wake up refreshed after a fantastic nights sleep
- Snuggle with my kids
- Clap and cheer when my sweet sitter arrived
- Take a hot yoga class at a fancy spa since I have a day pass there (that I have been wanting to use for MONTHS)
- Sit in the sauna at said fancy spa
- Lay out by the pool at said fancy spa and read
- Meet a friend for lunch
- Get my nails done (mani *AND* pedi)
- Go food shopping & to Target by myself
- Get home in time to let my sitter leave early
- Go out to dinner with the whole family (we never get to do this since I usually get home late on Friday’s)
And here is how today is actually going (so far):
- I finally dragged myself out of bed after waking up a million times with my sweet sick babies
- Made A LOT of coffee and attempted to get them eat breakfast
- Sit on the couch and watch TV since baby girl only wants to be held and my dear boy just wants to rest (I pretty much think this is where I will be for the rest of the day)
Now I have spent many, many days home with sick kids. But yesterday, as the calls and texts started coming in from my sitter about the deteriorating situation, I couldn’t help but think, “Well, this SUCKS.” Because (at first) I really wanted MY day. I know I am probably NOT supposed to say that… but my feelings about it all have since changed.
|Nothing like watching 2 sick kids beat each other up. (actually Mila is the only abusive one, Hudson just takes it)|
When was the last time you had a selfish mom moment? (be honest… we’ve ALL had them!)
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49936077-1’, ‘workingmommagic.com’);