It is officially the first day of fall and I am ready for a refresh! Fall is a busy time. All my favorite holidays keep me on my toes, work is pretty busy around this time of year and I have found that this is also the busiest time when it comes to my blog. So I want to be on my game! But the truth is, I feel like crap. In the past few months we’ve had summer break, vacations, birthdays and some big events at work. I haven’t been taking care of myself and I know I need to make some changes before I burn out!
I love reading the ‘monthly goals’ on other people’s blogs… so I thought I should write out what I am going to do to help get myself together! (and maybe it will help you out if you feel the same as me!)
Fall refresh goals:
1. Get Back Into the Gym: This is my first priority. I am fine with my current weight, so it isn’t about that. However, when I am working out regularly it makes a HUGE difference in the way I feel. I have been regularly working out most of my life, but since having my son I have gone through many “breaks.” The thing about working out is it makes you feel so much better, but when you stop it is SO hard to get started again! After a long day at work there is NO way I am making it to the gym, so I have to go early. Well, my husband now leaves for work super early and my daughter comes in my room during the night at least a few times a week.. so I have been too tired to go. (for like… the past 6 months) But my excuses stop now and putting it on the blog will hopefully help keep me accountable!
2. Meal Plan: My husband does the meal planning for dinners, but I have not been very good planning out my lunches. So I have been stopping before work each day and buying lunches either at Publix or Whole Foods. Not only does that cost me $$$$… but it also makes me even more late for work! Lunch planning starts this week!!!
3. Healthy Morning Drinks: I was drinking a ACV drink every morning and it made me feel great. Sometimes I would sub it out with warm lemon water. I haven’t been doing this lately, so I am going to start again.
4. Health Check: I have a bunch of doctor’s appointments I have been putting off, so my goal is to get those scheduled this week and hopefully get them all done and out of the way in the next month or so.
5. Sleep: I am going to continue on my sleep plan that I started a few weeks ago. Setting my own bedtime and staying off my phone is helping me, so I really want to stick with it.
6. Budget: My husband and I have been slacking on this, horribly. We used to have a ‘meeting’ every week or two to go over finances, but we haven’t done that in forever. The meetings help us stay on budget and see where we are wasting money or changes that can be made.
7. Parent Pampering: I want to work out a plan with my husband to schedule some time to ourselves, both together for date nights and apart, for ourselves. I loved this idea by Mama by Fire to have date nights by yourself and I want to try to start something similar.
There you go, my big plans for my fall refresh! Are there any changes you are hoping to make this fall? Before we know it… 2016 will be here! Isn’t that crazy!!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49936077-1’, ‘workingmommagic.com’);