So long 2014… that was fast! Now I am getting ready for 2015 and I have big plans for the year! I love making New Year’s Resolutions. It is so exciting making goals for the year ahead… even if they don’t always stick.
Here are just a few of my resolutions:
1. Get Organized: This is my MAIN goal for the next few months. When we moved into our home, I was 8 months pregnant with Mila. We have been basically just focusing on EVERYTHING else at this point.. but the house. Now we have hall closets full of randomness. Our master bathroom is a hectic mess, especially my side. My closet is full of crap and old clothes that I haven’t worn for years. My son’s closet has toys he never uses, Mila’s still has newborn clothes and hospital blankets on the shelves! I have been using my Intel Tablet to help makes lists of everything I need to do and in which order. I got the Chore Checklist app on there and so far I like it! Eventually, once everything is cleaned and organized, I want to get a cleaning & laundry schedule in place. (so far, I have cleaned out my car… which was a HUGE project… and totally cleaned out my bathroom drawers and cabinets and reorganized them. I am on my way people!!!)
2. Get on a budget: My husband and I are really working on setting a budget this year. I am a bit embarrassed to say we don’t really have a monthly budget. However, we have goals in mind and we need to start budgeting in order to meet those goals. I downloaded the mint.com app on my Intel Tablet since I have heard a lot of good things about it.
3. Sleep More: This may sound silly, but I really do not get enough sleep, and I know it is not healthy. I am always feeling tired and sluggish, especially the past few months. My goal is to get to bed earlier during the week… since I stay up doing things that could easily get done over the weekend. I may need to let go of some of my reality show guilty pleasures. (Lisa Vanderpump, I love you… but all your shows are keeping up TOO late!) I downloaded the Drowzy Sleep diary to help track how I am doing with this, I haven’t set it up yet though!
4. Meal Planning: As part of my big organization plan of 2015, I want to do a better job of meal planning during the week. This includes dinner and my lunches, which I bring to work. This also ties in with my budget plan, since I am going to have a set amount to spend on groceries each month, so the meal planning is kind of a necessity to help meet that goal.
5. Take better care of myself overall. Mila is almost two so I feel like I am finally getting to the point where I can focus a bit more on myself again. Getting back to eating healthy, working out regularly and catching up on all my overdue doctors appointments are just a few of the things on my “ME” list.
I have a number of smaller goals I am working on as well, (wake up earlier, stop drinking during the week, etc) and for those I am really liking the Habit Streak Plan app. I have a list of my small goals and throughout the week I mark them off, starting a streak. Then it encourages me to keep the streak going… and I am super competitive with myself so it has been working so far! I have a feeling my Intel Tablet will help make keeping these resolutions easier this year… since I can take it with me wherever I go!
I can already tell 2015 is going to be an amazing year and I am so ready to get started! I would love to hear a few of your resolutions this year, and let’s see if we can keep this up past January! 😉
|Happy New Year everyone!! Bring it on, 2015!!|
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-49936077-1’, ‘workingmommagic.com’);